Friday, April 9, 2010

Not in Kanas anymore

I awoke this morning around 5am when the train arrived in Sudbury. The couple of inches of snow startled me… are we not finished with winter already?
After a brief stop over the train began chug-a-luging again… When I awoke later I have discovered that we are now on our way toHornepayne, circling around the northern side of lake Superior.
Not only did I discover that we were a lot farer North, but we are also in a lot more winter. What began as only a couple inches seems to have multiplied rapidly with our increasing northernly direction. I am now looking at forests blanketed with between three to five feet of snow. The delicate white powder continues to fall from the sky. Every branch has snow on it, and it seems to be the very picturesque vision of an Ansel Adams photo. 
Simply said, it is winter in it's finest. Everything covered in snow, rivers and creeks frozen over, and a warm hot chocolate in my hand.

2 comments:

MissJess said...

I'd personally like to take the time to thank you for your 5am text :D

Melody said...

Hey! I get phone signal only so often, I gotta take advantage... besides, it was 3am where I was ;)